Senior Business Process Analyst
The Ohio State University
The Office of Business and Finance is looking for a Senior Business Process Analyst to be a part of the project management team and assist in the preparation, communication, and implementation of the financial upgrade and ongoing system enhancements and updates.
Serves as internal consultants by conducting reviews of business units’ organizational structures, workflow designs, processes, and systems and make recommendations as to how to improve efficiencies and effectiveness. Must understand and model the impact of changes, and assist with implementation of proposed changes.
- Identify stakeholders and interview staff at all levels of the business unit. Establish good working relationships. Identify subject matter experts in business units.
- Map processes and process improvements.
- Facilitate documentation of existing processes and improvements.
- Work closely with Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to ensure technology is being fully leveraged to maximize workflow designs.
- Communicate changes and facilitate implementation of process redesign
- Gather and analyze data. Develop key reporting metrics that can measure enhanced performance and productivity value.
- Prepare reports and deliverable documents to present analysis to management.
- Work closely with end users to problem solve and troubleshoot process issues. Serve as liaison to OCIO if necessary.
- Work with subject matter experts and business units to create reports.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, computer science, operations management, or related field.10 years related experience in implementations creating and maintaining enterprise documentation and process review including organizational design, change management and supporting information technology in a complex business environment. 4 years’ experience with process improvement methodology, process design, process metrics. Experience using standard MS Office tools. Demonstrated facilitation and interviewing skills. Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to make decisions using considerable independence and initiative, as well as the ability to collaboratively in a group setting. Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds. Ability to facilitate work groups and lead effective meetings. Experience with financial systems and processes. Desired: Proficiency with project management software. Experience with complex, large-scale ERP or cloud ERP implementations. Experience facilitating work groups. Project management experience or experience working on a project management team. Supervisory experience including hiring, training, coaching and evaluating.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.