Business Process Analyst
The Ohio State University
The Ohio State University is currently seeking a Business Analyst.
This position determines, assesses and details the business functions and operating characteristics for Office of University Bursar (OUB); plans, develops and prepares detailed functional specifications of a variety of systems to meet the requirements, missions and goals of OUB; performs system implementation, testing, evaluation, programming and follow through; liaison to the Office of the Chief Information Officer for production support; serves as data expert and ad-hoc creator. Investigates and resolves break/fix issues as it relates to OUB business. Provides recommendations to and engages with OUB departments, vendors and other areas that may be impacted, on process improvements.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 year experience in data analysis and retrieval, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of relational database theory, Microsoft Office suite, and SQL reporting tool. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate, guide and support projects in a cooperative manner, working within teams of diverse backgrounds and technical abilities. Experience in data security, encryption and transmission.
- Working in a University environment, especially within PeopleSoft Campus Solutions/Student Financials
- Working knowledge of data analysis, retrieval and preparation for external/internal system interfaces, in a complex data environment
- Building and maintaining high quality, relational databases for use by non-technical end users, especially within MS Office suite applications
- Business process reengineering that directly led to improve productivity, efficiency, attained goals and/or minimized negative impacts due to necessary changes from internal/external requirements/factors
- Large system implementation or upgrade project
- 3-5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data analysis and retrieval, conducting detailed assessments of business functions to develop operating plans and summaries, analyzing fixes for functional impact, assisting in fix testing, and assisting in modifications re-application testing, providing technical guidance regarding capabilities, limitations and operational requirements of a variety of systems
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. The Ohio State University is an NSF ADVANCE Institution.