Sr. Maintenance Repair Technician
Miami University, Oxford, OH
Job ID: 1816 – AFSCME – FT (hourly); Classified AFSCME; Wed-Sat, 2nd shift, 4- ten-hour shifts
Performs a variety of mechanical tasks related to performing general maintenance on University buildings.
- Provides assistance to internal and external customers promptly and courteously; maintains frequent communication with the customer concerning status of equipment usability; performs quality work consistent with manufacturer's requirements; maintains a professional appearance and attitude
- Performs pressure differential readings to determine frequency of filter changes; changes various types of air filter media in HVAC equipment; replaces belts, adjusts to proper tension, and ensures appropriate alignment; performs alignment on pumps; tests operation of dampers; maintains temperature control compressors
- Changes oil in gearboxes, oils bearings, greases motors and bearings, and lubricates mechanical dampers and linkages per manufacturer's recommendations
- Cleans mechanical and electrical rooms and/or spaces; cleans mechanical and electrical equipment to include air handlers, pumps, motors, fans, air intake louvers and area wells, air compressors, radiant heat systems, fan coil units, and coils of all types
- Reports any obvious or suspected equipment malfunctions to supervisor to include worn sheaves, bearings, pneumatic leaks, steam or fluid leaks, dampers not operating properly, or excessive oil consumption
- Utilizes mechanical hand tools and other relevant equipment; utilizes lockout/tagout equipment; maintains tools in a clean and serviceable condition; reports broken or damaged items for repair or replacement
- Assists in the performance of other building trades tasks in maintaining industrial equipment and in response to emergency situations as assigned
High school diploma (or GED), six months of mechanical/trade training beyond high school and two years of repair/maintenance experience in light to moderately complex plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical tasks, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Valid driver's license is required.
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification
- General Knowledge – Basic knowledge and understanding of plumbing, electrical and other building functionality systems, HVAC, refrigeration, and other mechanical systems
- Attention to Detail – ability to maintain detailed and complete records of maintenance, and testing activities
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons
- Customer Service Skills – understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact Miami University's Human Resources Department (HR) at (513) 529-2027 or by email at email@example.com. If you are hired by Miami University, you may also request an ADA accommodation by contacting HR. For more information about employment at Miami, the excellent benefit package and the Miami and surrounding communities, please visit http://www.MiamiOH.edu/oeeo/links-resources-and-information and http://www.MiamiOH.edu/iammiami.