Exel is currently seeking a maintenance technician with strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills. Candidate must have a clear understanding of a constant production line environment and the urgency of uptime. Candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of high speed full case carton conveyors and palletizing systems and facilities maintenance. Some forklift maintenance will also be required. You must be able to work with minimal supervision and be responsible for shift maintenance and efficiency. This individual must have very good communication skills.
A strong work ethic and the ability to work flexible hours are both required.
This is a fast-paced environment, and candidates must have the ability to multi-task, focusing on internal and customer satisfaction, productivity, quality, and safety. The candidate must have a good attendance and work record.
All applicants must take a mechanical and electrical aptitude test for consideration.
- Working knowledge in the area of electrical and mechanical maintenance including machine controls, three phase motor controls, AC and DC electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic actuators, air compressors, conveyors, fabrication and welding
- Duties include, but are not limited to, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of equipment, fabrication and welding. PLC knowledge a plus
- Available to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift and overtime, as required
- Drug screening and background checks are a part of our hiring process
- Must be a self-starter
- Highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills