Web and Mobile Developer – Intermediate at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJuly 8, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Web & Mobile team supports products that are used by the majority of our 60,000 students, faculty, staff, alumni, and Buckeyes far and wide.
Responsibilities of the Intermediate Web and Mobile Developer will include developing and maintaining Java based web applications that span multiple frameworks (SEAM, Grails, Angular, Node, etc.) and multiple functional areas including Finance, HR, Student and Mobile. This includes high-quality production ready code that is cross browser compatible and troubleshooting associated issues. Responsibilities will also include working with the Sr. Java Engineers on the Web and Mobile teams as well as other departments and colleges throughout the university. The team also provides ongoing daily support and incident resolution for our Web & Mobile applications as required. This position will include being part of the on-call rotation.
Our goal is to foster a community of professionals with diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds who actively collaborate to support the mission of The Ohio State University. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of individuals as they achieve their highest potential and support others along the way. In an ever-changing technology landscape, our employees are flexible, innovative, and adept problem-solvers.
There are two positions available with this posting.
- Experience with implementing RESTful web services, Angular.js, node.js, react.js, etc.
- Experience with Spring Batch
- Experience with elasticsearch or similar text search tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent education or experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional programming position
- Must be part of the on-call rotation; experience with web application development using modern frameworks
- Experience with working with security authorization/authentication
- Experience with source control tools such as Subversion, Maven or Git; experience with production support
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.