Web and Mobile Developer at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJanuary 11, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate, driven Web & Mobile developer to add to our current team. Our products are used by the majority of our 60,000 students, faculty, staff, alumni, and Buckeyes far and wide.
As a part of the team, you will help create and deliver a seamless and positive experience across The Ohio State University, for students, faculty, and staff. You’ll be critical to ensuring products are excellent and align with our team's goals as well as university goals. You’ll have the opportunity to impact the university and we’ll do everything we can to support that mission.
Our Team’s Guiding Principles:
- Make user’s lives easier.
- Deliver useful features over noise.
- Respond to every single feedback thoughtfully.
- Make the experience more awesome, always.
- Discover, adapt, and reflect.
- You can change the university.
Responsibilities will also include working with the Sr. Engineers on the Web and Mobile teams as well as other departments and colleges throughout the university. The team also provides ongoing daily support and incident resolution for our Web and Mobile applications as required. This position will include being part of the on-call rotation.
What we believe:
- Culture matters more than anything else. We all want to help students and make the University a great place to be.
- Training and development in whatever field you’re pursuing and we actively encourage and support everyone on our team to be forward-looking.
- In you. We trust you to get work done and to take breaks when you need them
Experience with some of the following, implementing RESTful web services, Angular.js, node.js, react.js, etc., Elasticsearch or similar text search tools.
The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated success in several areas, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent education or experience;
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional programming position;
- Experience with web application development using modern frameworks, working with security authorization/authentication, source control tools such as Subversion, Maven or Git, and production support.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.