Travel and Credit Card Analyst at Miami University
Posting DateAugust 1, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID#: 6111 – FT – Unclassified (Salaried)
The Travel and Credit Card Analyst is responsible for overseeing, analyzing and continuous improvement of travel related operations and credit cards program of the University. This is advanced specialized work in coordinating, implementing and administering certain aspects of the University Procurement Card (P-Card) program and travel related operations. Independent judgment is exercised within general guidelines and established policies of the Controller’s Office and the division of Finance and Business Services.
- Acts as a functional expert for the Credit Cards program and Travel expenses processing ensuring all related processes run accurately, recorded timely and in compliance with policies and regulation.
- Acts as first point of escalation for issues or questions from our internal and external customers including employees of Accounts Payables and University Departments.
- Reviews and updates PCards and Travel expenses related policies and procedures and recommends changes based upon changes to applicable laws, technology (upgraded functionality or implementing previously unused functionality), and use of LEAN principles to reduce waste.
- Facilitates communication across supported business units to build relationships and ensures that business needs and goals are met.
- Provides superior customer service to the University community in resolving Pcard and Travel expense reports issues.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives, aiming to deliver efficiencies in operations.
- Leads standardization and documentation efforts across supported processes.
- Researches system and processes issues, collaborate with other departments as needed to identify cause of the issues or errors.
- Ensures that internal controls related to Credit Cards transactions and Travel related expenses are executed/ improved to support best internal control practices.
- Provides training to new and existing employees.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field; 3 to 5 years of Accounting / Finance / Audit experience
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required and ability to interpret and enforce policies and procedures. Additional qualifications include proven experience in identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing creative resolutions, excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused, and concise manner. Strong customer service and support skills, ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment and proficiency in MS Office products.
Salary Range: $47,000 – 54,000
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.