Technical Sales Manager at Production Control Units, Inc.
Job TypeTemp to Full-time
Posting DateSeptember 18, 2017
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires the ability to engage in a focused sales effort to communicate to prospective clients through phone calls, site visits, trade fairs, conferences, market-specific content generation, and individual sales meetings. The Technical Account Manager must be able to recognize, articulate, propose, and evaluate potential business opportunities and assist the PCU Applications Engineering Team to generate a Statement of Work to solve the prospect’s problem. Also, expected to continue one’s professional development and subject matter knowledge.
Primary Job Functions:
- Review and document the client’s requirements and concerns, understand the details of their business and processes and determine the most effective solution that will appropriately meet their evolving needs
- Conduct technical meetings and present the proposal to the client
- Provide knowledge, experience, and expertise related to the design and operation of process automated equipment
- Provide ideas and guidance to improve the design and performance of the client’s processes
- Analyze the market and prospect for sales opportunities
- Respond to client requests, continually nurturing strong relationships
- Keep contact with existing clients through regular visits and phone calls
- Participate in conferences, trade shows, internal training, etc.
- Prepare or modify technical presentations for specific meeting needs
- Ability to concept, draft and create powerpoint presentations
- Provide support to existing clients
- Client travel 70%
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education, Experience & Accomplishments:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
- Graduate degree or MBA highly desirable
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Technical Sales
- Experience with Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
- History of meeting or exceeding individual and department performance goals and objectives
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.