Systems Developer/Engineer at The Ohio State University
Posting DateDecember 2, 2016
Location of Position
Serve on the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) Information Technology Services (ITS) Infrastructure team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Areas of responsibility include:
- Centralized infrastructure server support
- Support systems that provide core computing services, storage services
- Virtualization services, disaster recovery services, and others as necessary
- Log analysis
- Obtain related ongoing training and perform research and development, purchasing, installation and configuration maintenance, and documentation
- Ensure compliance with University information technology standards
- Work primarily with other members of ITS
- Assist end users with issues that have been escalated from the Help Desk
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position is located in Wooster, Ohio.
CompTIA professional certifications, MCSE: Server Infrastructure or other similar certifications, experience with server virtualization and SAN technologies. Desired: VMware VCP certification, experience with EqualLogic storage, experience with Compellent storage, experience using VEEAM or similar tools for disaster recovery.
Application deadline: December 18, 2016.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.