Systems Administrator II or III at Miami University
Posting DateFebruary 8, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 5243 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
Systems Administrators manage infrastructure and integrated technical services providing the highest levels of availability, reliability, performance, and service in support of Miami University’s academic, research and business missions.
- Require a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Analysis, Computer Science or related field earned by date of hire.
- Require 2 years’ experience for appointment as Systems Administrator II and 4 years’ experience for appointment as Systems Administrator III in all of the following:
- Installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and security of Linux server operating systems
- Evaluating, customizing and diagnosing Linux server operating system software in a complex and heterogeneous environment
- Architectural design of servers and associate subsystems including operating systems, storage, backups, services, monitoring and alerting.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco-free.