Systems Administrator I or II at Miami University
Posting DateDecember 16, 2016
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
If you are looking to start a new career, Miami University has the job for you. We offer a welcoming workplace, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to grow. Miami University currently has multiple openings for Systems Administrator I or II demonstrating various levels of qualifications and experience.
Under specific or general direction, participate in an agile team responsible for delivering solutions, including acquisition, implementation and integration of locally hosted and SaaS third party software, development of custom solutions, and supporting applications. Work effectively with the team and be accountable to the team.
Systems Administrator I requires basic experience and Systems Administrator II requires at least 2 years’ experience in the following:
- Experience required in the installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and security of server operating systems.
- Experience in evaluating, customizing and diagnosing server operating system software in a complex and heterogeneous environment.
- Experience in architectural design of servers and associate subsystems including operating systems, storage, backups, services, monitoring and alerting.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Systems Administrator I or II
(Appointment at Level II assumes 2+ years of experience)
- Experience with systems administration support and problem resolution on current flavors of Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in the administration of a large number of physical and virtual Windows/Linux servers in a complex and heterogeneous environment.
- Experience with Administration of Enterprise Backup Solutions.
- Experience with Administration of infrastructure monitoring system.
- Experience with Administration of cloud-based infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively work with the incident and change management procedures.
- Preferred Industry Certifications: Vmware VCAP5-DCA, Linux+, Certified MCSA Senior Systems
Miami University, an EOIAA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.