Strategic Procurement Officer at Miami University
Posting DateApril 23, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 5542 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
Unclassified – FT (Salaried)
- Plans and conducts strategic sourcing process on defined opportunities, engaging key stakeholders in the process, to meet departments’ procurement needs
- Maintains deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences
- Develops and maintains relationships with departments for purposes of gathering, analyzing and conveying information to support category management and strategic sourcing efforts
- Manages key supplier relationships and conducts periodic business reviews to drive savings through innovation and resolve issues and disputes
- Reviews and processes requisitions and bid requests above established dollar threshold amounts in assigned categories in timely manner
- Develops and maintains Sourcing Plan that coordinates the sourcing and contract management activities within assigned categories to deliver targeted benefits
- Measures and reports benefits delivered through strategic sourcing and ongoing contract management activities
- 3+ years of procurement or supply chain experience, or other relevant experience
- 4-year college degree
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.