Statistician Data Analyst at Miami University
Posting DateApril 13, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Analyst Statistician provides statistical and analytical solutions for support of the Alumni Relations, Stewardship and Development offices within University Advancement as part of the University Advancement IT Team.
- Provides statistical support and metric analysis for alumni demographics, activity and fundraising data using Excel, MS Access, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, BI Publisher, Google Analytics, and other statistical modeling tools against active databases, external vendors and legacy databases.
- Assists IT development group with effective adhoc statistical reporting for internal and external Advancement reporting.
- Determines the appropriate statistical tests to use to answer research questions including organizing, delivering and collecting survey data.
- Comprehends and analyzes data results and presents data in laymen’s terms and applies sampling techniques in order to determine size of groups to be studied.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Coordinates support of statistical reports and statistical webpage dashboard delivery with members of the IT Team.
- Provides demonstrations and training to end users of statistical reports and models.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience in Statistical Modeling and Analysis, experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be considered.
- Experience working with a variety of database sources.
- Ability to apply sampling techniques and work with business units to determine data to be sampled and studied.
- Ability to work with a variety of data sets and tools including flat files, database environments and provided excel financial data.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with technical and non-technical clients, and with clients and staff at all organizational levels and formal results presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to independently gain knowledge of statistical and analytical and industry trends.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.