Staff Accountant at Production Control Units, Inc.
Job TypeTemp to Full-time
Posting DateFebruary 16, 2018
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
The entry-level staff accountant position is responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and preparing and analyzing budgets. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are required.
Primary Job Functions
- Perform daily and monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, including but not limited to: processing and entering vendor expense invoices, prepare and process weekly payment runs, preparing and post daily bank deposits
- Compose journal entries with minimal supervision
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Produce account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Tuition reimbursement
- Room for advancement
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Company provided laptop and cell phone
- Fitness Center reimbursement
Salary: $35,000 – $45,000
Education, Experience & Accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- History of meeting or exceeding individual goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.