Sr. Writer / Brand Journalist at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJuly 15, 2016
Location of Position
The senior writer in University Marketing is a seasoned brand journalist who can tell compelling stories in line with a brand narrative. The candidate must be an exceptional writer who is able to create stories for multiple platforms and publications and can translate Ohio State’s brand messages into compelling content. A team orientation is essential for this position; the senior writer will provide guidance and support to other writers as well as partner closely with designers, photographers, videographers, developers, and others across the university on the development of brand-enhancing stories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 75% — Lead research and writing of stories for osu.edu and other platforms and publications, compile social media posts.
- 15% — Determine dissemination of content from colleagues at the college and unit level.
- 10% — Work with the director of brand journalism (or director of marketing content) to maintain a repository of story ideas culled from the entire campus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in editorial, storytelling or producing branded content.
- Ability to produce stories on a deadline.
- Proven writing, editing and organizational skills. Knowledge of AP style.
- Familiarity with social media marketing and developing trends in digital storytelling.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.