Sr. Student Services Technician at Miami University
Posting DateDecember 6, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 4579 – SATSS – FT (Hourly)
Responsible for all department mailings, including document creation, update, mail merge, printing, and electronic mail. Maintain orderly, accurate and complete files from the US Department of Education. Also responsible for loading of daily files from the U.S. Department of Education. This position requires proficient experience in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, features such as mail merge and merge fields. This staff member will import files into the Banner software and must have strong attention to detail. This classified staff member reports to the Associate Director of Student Financial Assistance for all assigned functions.
Position performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of Admission, Registrar and Student Financial Assistance.
Requires eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school and three years of admission, registrar or student financial assistance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for incoming documents management, including scanning and indexing of all student files; resolve conflicting information within student FAFSA data based on documentation received. Review Department of Homeland Security responses to ensure non-citizens are eligible for federal assistance.
- Verifies the successful completion of all Banner jobs related to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. Writes and runs departmental reports as needed and act as main back up for other report writers in the office.
- Monitors and reviews operations of admission, registration, and student financial assistance; ensures smooth workflow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as an informational resource to prospective students, current students and parents; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to admission, registration, and financial assistance. Interprets policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks which may include coordinating student services/operations; updates, maintains and composes correspondence; processes/oversees admission, registration, and financial assistance related transactions; perform various financial and budgetary tasks.
- Oversees staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Exercises judgment in providing guidelines; advise staff regarding admission, registration, and financial assistance objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.