Senior Technology Support Analyst at Miami University
Posting DateJuly 9, 2019
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented, creative, staff growth-oriented and partnership focused support analyst to join our team. The Senior Technology Support Analyst Serving at a high level with little oversight of desktop and mobile management systems. Provide support to clients, assist other support staff, and collaborate with other members to provide timely and efficient support for all relevant client computing needs.
- Provide in-depth support and troubleshooting to departmental faculty and staff on desktop, tablet and mobile operating systems, printing, file storage, and common departmental applications, in a remote support environment; provide root cause analysis and develop solutions for problem prevention. Organize and develop training; consulting; support; and troubleshooting, as needed.
- Provide support to distributed technology support staff in areas related to desktop, tablet and mobile computing, including assistance with group policy, and use of system management platforms (e.g. SCCM, Jamf Pro); work cooperatively to understand technical needs, develop management solutions, and provide in-depth troubleshooting in a complex networked environment.
- Develop scripts to automate processes, extract information and perform routine functions related to desktop support and management.
- Installation, configuration and user management of software delivered through virtualization (e.g VMware Horizon, Remote App and Desktop Connections).
- Assist with user account creation, permission management, and group management. Understand the interaction of authentication and authorization related to applications and services.
- Working with procurement, assist with site licensed software renewals, and maintain vendor licensing knowledge, maintain licenses on a central licensing server.
- Understand security principles as it relates to desktops, tablets, mobile devices. Maintain security awareness related to systems providing services consumed by end users. Assist with remediation of security concerns.
- Actively participate on projects as needed involving departmental or cross-functional teams.
- Create and maintain support documentation that is publicly available to assist students, faculty and staff. Create and maintain standard operating procedures for use by other support staff.
- Use prescribed Incident, Change and Problem management systems.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- May occasionally teach one approved one credit-bearing course per semester on an as-needed basis and with division approval.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, admitted for residence as an applicant under the 1986 immigration amnesty law, refugee asylee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Analysis, Computer Science or related field earned by date of hire.
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting users in their use of desktop, tablet and mobile devices and peripherals in a complex networked environment.
- Minimum 4 years experience using system management applications, such as SCCM, Jamf Pro, or mobile device management.
- Minimum 4 years experience in software installation, packaging, configuration, and patching within a system management framework.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently
- Demonstrated experience supporting current versions of Windows, Mac and mobile operating systems. Experience troubleshooting complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience using System Center Configuration Management and Jamf Pro or equivalent system management utilities.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Active Directory Group Policy management, including Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM).
- Demonstrated experience with imaging technologies, software packaging, and software delivery.
- Ability to analyze causes of client problems and generate solutions. Develop solutions that can be quickly and easily deployed to multiple clients.
- Experience managing software licenses and inventory.
- Experience with Incident, Change and Problem management procedures (e.g ITIL)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate; MCSA; product specific certs
Submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references via the Apply button above
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.