Senior Systems Analyst, Financial Planning System Admin at The Ohio State University
Posting DateDecember 2, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
The Ohio State University is proud to be a premier employer that provides an exceptional total rewards package including medical, dental, vision and many other “hidden” benefits. Our competitive benefits package is offered to all eligible faculty and staff in order to attract, develop and retain top performers eager to share their talent, time and success. Our benefits support your health and financial goals and include not only health insurance, but also generous state retirement, tuition assistance for our employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and much more. Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/ for detailed information. Be your best at The Ohio State University!
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Senior Director-Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), the Financial Planning Systems Administrator is a detail-oriented and collaborative strategic thinker who designs, builds, maintains, and enhances university planning, forecasting, and reporting systems; ensures systems/tools robustly support all FP&A needs; requires a unique combination of project management and technical skills as well as deep understanding of FP&A functions; key FP&A contributor in developing and prioritizing multi-year strategic roadmap for the evolution of forecasting, reporting, and analysis tools; works side by side with implementation consultants and responsible for FP&A model development, enhancement, optimization, and management; works closely with university finance systems teams to connect current systems and develop forecasting and analysis models, dashboards, and reporting capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, management information systems, computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) experience
- Additional 2-3+ years of hands on Oracle ePBCS / Adaptive Insight (or equivalent) system development (ideally in finance and forecasting implementations)
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, business intelligence and reporting, analysis processes, and data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau); excellent project management and process improvement skill set
- Extensive experience in systems design, analysis and implementation upgrades
- Experience in requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing & implementation of technical solutions on large scale projects
- Considerable knowledge of national industry trends.
- Master's degree in finance, business administration, or related field
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally, determining priorities, and relationship building across a university or large organization.
Application deadline 12/17/19
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.