Senior Program Associate at Miami University
Posting DateApril 27, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 4064 – Part-Time (Hourly – $14/hour)
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of department's daily operations.
- Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
- May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research.
- May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or news releases.
- May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
- May assist in the performance of various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distributing mail, or preparing bulk mailings.
- Serve as primary receptionist for the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department office. Make confidential and time sensitive exam copies. Manage the departmental keys and HARCO access. Coordinate and help schedule the department's seminar class. Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms. May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets or processing payments. May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars. May assist in the performance of various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distributing mail.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment; knowledge of computers and office applications; some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills; research skills.
- Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations such as near continuous use of computer.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of unit’s and division's operations, policies and procedures. Strong clerical and organizational skills.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html