Senior Personnel Technician at Miami University
Posting DateNovember 30, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 5035 – SATSS
Performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks involving discretion and moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of the personnel office.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Experience in health & welfare benefits administration
- Insurance billing & troubleshooting experience
- Advance knowledge working with Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of applicable laws and requirements associated with benefits administration
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills working with employees, faculty, and vendors
- Requires eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise
- Ability to maintain confidential information required
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco-free.