Senior Benefits Generalist at Miami University
Posting DateSeptember 19, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 6322 Unclassified FT (Salary)
Responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with the administration of employee benefits at Miami University. Provide guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recommend, develop and/or install approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and supervise administration of existing plans as assigned; communication of employee benefits policies, projects, program and events for the advancement of the overall goals and objectives of employee benefits. Participate in research, design and communication, to include writing and presentations for projects, programs, events, and related activities at all levels of the University.
- Provides day-to-day administration of employee benefit programs, retirement plans, health/dental, vision, life, and tuition fee waiver (includes ACA, Cobra,
- Retirement Manager, ER-side HSA funding), administers operational details (in coordination) with Wellness the Premium Discount Program.
- Benefit liaison with vendors, including claims resolution, reporting, and invoicing.
- Creates & analyzes reports, statistical data and other information for the Benefit Director and other management as assigned.
- Coordinate and prepare benefit communications, announcements/emails, booklets, and other media for plans, events and/or changes to employees as assigned.
- Maintains HR benefits information/records and compiles reports from the database (includes system testing, audits and enrollment processing).
- Monitors benefit data integrity and benefit/wellness/retirement activities and coordinates with other HR departments.
- Monitor HRIS status changes and related benefit deductions for actionable items and record keeping.
- Professional licensure – SHRM, CEBS, PHR or SPHR, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management and staff through presentations and/or written communications.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or Business related field and at least five years of work experience in Benefits/Wellness or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.