Senior Accountant – Sr Investment Accounting Analyst at The Ohio State University
Posting DateSeptember 9, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry is the fourth largest public dental school in the United States and it is the only public dental school in Ohio. The college is divided into ten divisions with all major ADA-recognized dental specialties represented. The College has approximately 600 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Ohio State University is proud to be a premier employer that provides an exceptional total rewards package including medical, dental, vision and many other “hidden” benefits. Our competitive benefits package is offered to all eligible faculty and staff in order to attract, develop and retain top performers eager to share their talent, time and success. Our benefits support your health and financial goals and include not only health insurance, but also generous state retirement, tuition assistance for our employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and much more. Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/ for detailed information. Be your best at The Ohio State University!
Duties and Responsibilities
A member of the Treasury & Advancement Accounting Team of the Office of the Controller provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of the Long-Term Investment Pool (LTIP) consisting of over 6,000 endowment funds worth $5.4 billion.
- Responsible for maintaining the endowment distribution system and administering the accounting functions for the individual endowment funds; breaks down the pool in various buckets as needed for financials and audit purposes;
- interacts with and educates fiscal officers, development personnel, and donors concerning endowment funds; calculates the monthly market value per share (mvps) and annual distribution per share (dps) of the endowment and asset allocation percentages;
- prepares monthly endowment summary reports and reconciliations;
- projects and models how various investment returns effect the LTI's mvps and dps in future fiscal years; forecasts income earned, internal transfers and distributions of the LTIP for long-range change in total valuation projections and for annual budget reporting;
- assists in preparing quarterly and annual reports and special reports as requested;
- monitors endowment information and helps manage improvements for department website;
- prepares and updates processes and procedures documentation; utilizes PeopleSoft Financials to initiate and process journal entries and deposits.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additionally, this position requires either a MBA, CFA, CPA, or at least five years of investment fund accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft software, including spreadsheets, word processing and graphics; ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong proficiency in excel including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Analytical skills. Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Workday financials.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.