Quality Engineer at AGC
Posting DateSeptember 16, 2016
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to facilitate Quality Assurance activities related to new model development and daily production support, work with associates, suppliers, customers and management to ensure expectations are met, and facilitate continual improvement activities.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct testing and dimensional layouts
- Conduct trial fit and function builds at customers’ facilities
- Evaluate process capability using statistical tools
- Perform technical and statistical investigations and analysis on production, quality, process and current model equipment issues using standard problem solving methods
- Assist in creating the necessary documentation for customer initial sample submissions: including APQP, customer documents and any other required documentation
- Develop Poke Yokes for current model program concerns via a team effort with the production team
- Prepare advanced quality planning documents and participate in quality planning activities; including FMEA’s, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Gage R&R’s and capability studies
- Develop, install and operate quality systems for incoming material, in process parts and finished products
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical) or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years related manufacturing experience (quality function with an automotive supplier is preferred)
- Strong knowledge and skills in statistics and/or QC tools inspection methods, CAD, GD&T and APQP
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and travel as needed
Please include salary requirements on cover letter.