Project Manager at Production Control Units, Inc.
Job TypeTemp to Full-time
Posting DateMarch 30, 2018
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and
Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position has primary responsibility for assigning, leading, and managing a team of Project Engineers on projects greater than $500,000. The successful candidate will have direct involvement in project engineering, planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of projects along with direct client interface. The position is key in establishing and improving client relationships and growth within our current base, and securing repeat opportunities with existing clients. This position is also responsible for all Financial Performance of each Project Won and will treat each project as a small “business”. Also, expected to continue one’s professional development and subject matter knowledge.
Primary Job Functions:
- Direct involvement with the Applications Team to design and develop detailed scope of work, cost estimates and project proposals.
- Upon receipt of the order, assure that the client’s original specifications are met according to the written contract.
- Understand the project budget and take responsibility for the financial performance throughout the entirety of the project. Proactively communicate performance risks to internal and external resources.
- Maintain open and professional lines of communication with our clients, as central point of contact. Ability to deal with confrontations and maintain a professional outlook and positive attitude in resolving difficult issues.
- Develop work breakdown structure from which you will build a detailed program schedule that will include milestones, production, testing and installation activities. Ensure the project schedule is met for duration of the project and continuously update all internal and external resources.
- Work within the organization to coordinate the need for team resources.
- Lead projects from inception through the final acceptance.
- Maintain effective open issues lists and lead the resolution of these issues.
- Responsible for managing project change order requests. Work with Applications and Mechanical Design Engineer Manager to establish sell price/margin for order changes. Be sure that the client expectations are understood and met. Ensure design approvals from the client are obtained before proceeding with the change.
- Coordinate installation supervision and startup support with the Technical Support Supervisor.
- Traveling to oversee installation and client site acceptance of equipment.
- Ensure that all progress billings are made and paid timely.
- After the project is completed, lead a Project Performance Review and report the results to the Management Team.
Education, Experience & Accomplishments
- Bachelors of Science Degree – Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years with progressive upward movement through engineering roles.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with Capital equipment.
- Experience managing multiple projects in various sizes and complexities at any given time.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable.
- Exposure and involvement with Quality Systems and ISO.
- Extensive involvement in projects ranging between $500,000 and $5,000,000.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is highly desirable.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Confidence to step out of comfort zone for transition, growth and transformation.
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals and objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.