Project Management Specialist at Miami University
Posting DateApril 3, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring the success of assigned projects through the application of Agile project management methodologies. Maintain relationships with clients, managers and project teams and guide them in developing their knowledge and skills in Agile frameworks and Agile project management.
Duties/Physical Demands/Special Instructions:
- Facilitate and lead the execution of IT Services’ projects by serving as Scrum Master or Project Manager as appropriate.
- Create project documentation: charter, stakeholder analysis, schedule, budget, communication plan, and others as appropriate.
- Organize and lead regular team meetings including Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives.
- Monitor, manage and report on project activities using reporting tools such as schedule, budget, and issues.
- Facilitate decisions and conflict resolution that arise during the course of the project. Escalate issues to sponsor and/or steering team as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison between the project sponsor/product owner/steering team and project team.
- Negotiate with vendors and resource managers, as required.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented, servant-leader approach throughout IT Services.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Participate in divisional committees, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- May occasionally teach one credit-bearing course, per semester, on an as-needed basis.
- Require Bachelor’s degree required by date of hire.
- Require 3-5 years project management and/or Agile project execution experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.