Program Associate at Miami University
Posting DateApril 27, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 3971 – Full-Time (Hourly – $14.75/hour)
Performs a variety of moderately complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of a University administrative unit.
Provides administrative support for the business integrated core classes offered through Farmer School of Business (FSB), including Business Quotient (BQ) courses. Serve as an additional resource to internal FSB departments in an effort to appropriately manage workloads and provide support.
- Processes incoming information and/or documents regarding daily operations; makes first determination as to disposition using set standards.
- Serves as informational resource for staff; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties.
- Assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; serves as informational resource to staff.
- Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, and copying.
- Business courses (BUS) support including ordering textbooks from publishers or Bookstore; enter course information in Banner; packaging course materials; collecting from faculty and filing course syllabi; and assessing HBDI test results and strategically placing students into teams.
- Processing purchase requests through BuyWay and with credit card including contracts between clients and FSB; entering all requisitions and direct pays related to program’s operations; and reconciling transactions as credit card holder.
- Preparing internal and external correspondence, including drafting and/or editing original composed responses related to BQ curriculum.
- Budget management including monitoring of annual expenses; communicating budget needs to Director of First-Year Integrated Core; and assisting with annual development of budget for program.
- Maintaining faculty roster of each Business Quotient (BQ) course and establish cohorts among faculty to communicate course details, program details and student progress.
- Facilitate evaluation process through Qualtrics or other survey tools. Includes working with Director to build and establish surveys for evaluating program, maintaining and assessing responses from the survey.
- Event planning including room and technology scheduling; managing guest correspondence; ordering hospitality needs, gifts and other items for events; arranging for parking and ADA needs; take minutes during meetings; and develop and proof PowerPoint presentation materials.
- Provide classroom support including typing, copying or printing exams, creating name tents, and ordering supplies.
- Provide backup support for FSB Exam Services Center including exam copying and proctoring make-up exams.
- Provide backup support to other FSB departments as needed.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of BuyWay, P-card reconciliation process, Banner, and 25 Live.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html