Program Assistant at Miami University
Posting DateNovember 10, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 5003 – SATSS – PT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative tasks related to supporting daily operations of the department and providing information regarding department's activities to users and potential users. Primary responsibilities in this role will be related to the daily function of the Miami University Speech and Hearing Clinic.
- Answers inquiries and provides information regarding department's activities and programs to potential users.
- Creates and distributes materials regarding department's activities and/or programs.
- Oversees department's files and records; ensures that they are accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, and copying.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Knowledge of computer and departmental software
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Research skills
Periodic assignments are given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions
Requires six months of business- or administrative-related coursework or training beyond high school and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.