Production Supervisor at Superior Roll Forming
Posting DateJune 16, 2016
Location of Position
Valley City, OH
Superior Roll Forming, a Medina County manufacturer, is a world class supplier of roll formed solutions.
If you are a highly adaptable team player with superb supervisory skills, we’d like to hear from you. We currently have an opportunity available for a Production Supervisor in our Valley City, OH facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct and manage employees as to operate an efficient, productive, safe and quality first department.
- Make daily, weekly, monthly manpower assignments to meet production schedule requirements.
- Oversee and record daily production of parts.
- Focus on continuous improvement by developing, planning and participating in the activities of quality improvement teams; continuously improve the operation through reduced rework, reduced scrap and tracking departmental efficiencies.
- Review quality standards and meet quality goals/standards set forth by Plant Manager, the Company, and customers.
- Maintain proper communication between shifts; communicate accurate information throughout the organization.
- Conduct counseling and discipline as needed, monitoring employees’ performance, attendance, productivity, etc.
- Promote good work morale, teamwork, and work habits.
- Provide training, coaching, and instruction on machine procedures and safety.
- Above average mechanical aptitude a must
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in supervision or leader role in a manufacturing environment, supervising at least 10 people
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with 5S, Lean, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement processes
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands effectively; excellent time management.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office
Minimum of 3 years prior experience in supervision or leader role in a manufacturing environment, supervising at least 10 people
Go forward in your career with Superior Roll Forming, an organization that gives dynamic people the opportunity to make a difference and be part of a team dedicated to excellence and driven to succeed. We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits program.
Go Faster. Go Further. Go Beyond
Equal Opportunity Employer • No Phone Calls Please