Production Engineering Specialist at AGC
Posting DateAugust 5, 2016
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Production Engineer Specialist to support and Leadership for Process Improvements, and Project/Improvement Leadership.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Production Specialist associates on technical manufacturing issues and process improvements
- Coordinate improvement implementations for production team
- Use process knowledge and input from line experts to establish best practice methods for equipment and process improvements
- Technical degree preferred (2 or 4 year) and/or five to seven years related experience
- 1 – 3 years experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) design software
- Previous experience in continuous improvement activities
- Strong technical/analytical and project management skills
- Ability to read Computer-Aided Design (CAD), equipment and customer drawings