Principal Process Engineer at Inspire Innovo
Posting DateAugust 8, 2016
Location of Position
Every revolutionary product starts with one idea.
We are actively looking for a highly skilled and versatile Principal Process Engineer.
Focus on process improvement, process automation and creating more reliable board and system level products. Will engage with development team to assist with new product design and develop process recommendations. Candidates should have previous experience with driving manufacturing process improvement and planning large-scale production of industrial/rugged systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing a plan for simplifying and automating production of Abaco’s future products
- Directly support development of new products with a focus on scalability and automation.
- Analyze product specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs and processes.
- Assist with analysis, evaluation and assessment leading to development of recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Analyze evaluations and quality assessments for proper implementation of programs, systems specifications and quality standards.
- Support development of new systems using composite materials
- Review specifications and processes necessary for compliance to requirements.
- Provide recommendations on cost savings, process improvements, and plant optimizations
- Design of molds or fixturing as required to achieve design requirements
- Assist with plant-specific training on all process systems
- Hands on position requiring excellent communication and teamwork
- Provide process troubleshooting assistance
- Proficient in technical writing, good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise including ability to plan, resolve problems effectively, and establish priorities.
- Understanding of DOE & Lean Manufacturing desired.
- Working knowledge at an intermediate level of computer skills in Gerber viewers, CAD software, E-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexible with high energy, able to handle multiple tasks smoothly
- Previous Mechanical Design Experience
- Previous experience with developing production test capabilities
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with the production embedded/industrial electronics and/or rugged industrial enclosures
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001
Inspire Innovo prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.