Parking Technician at Miami University
Posting DateJuly 14, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 4511 – SATSS – Hourly (PT)
Under general supervision of the administrative supervisor, provide customer service and assist with the daily operation of the campus parking lots and structures:
- Patrol parking lots and structures; note and report any suspicious activity; issue parking violation citations; inform supervisor of maintenance, repair and signage replacement needs
- Operate cash register to calculate parking fees; collect money and make change; prepare receipts as required. Reconcile cash drawer and ticket totals
- Provide assistance to staff, faculty, students, and visitors to include giving directions, explaining garage charges, and providing general information regarding parking policies and procedures
- Refer unusual customer-related problems to supervisor.
- Collect monies from parking meters and deliver to the business office for receipt. This will involve operating a dolly
- Perform service/attendant function for special events (sports events, concerts, conferences, etc.) and direct parking when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requires a high school diploma or GED and six months of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/ index .html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.