Mechanical Design Engineer at Production Control Units, Inc.
Posting DateJuly 17, 2017
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
This is a mid-level position in the Industrial Automation & Machine Design field includes the engineering and mechanical design of automated equipment. Committed to personal, professional and technical development and subject matter knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing mechanical design of customer specific equipment.
- Designs and creates mechanical design using a 3D CAD system (AutoCAD Inventor).
- Develops and Maintains Bills of Materials of mechanical hardware for single process machines.
- Modifies existing mechanical designs and assists in the development of clean sheet designing.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to schedule and on budget.
- Assist in the development of junior design engineering personnel.
- Able to work as a participative team member and communicates regularly with all internal company departments and customer personnel.
- Ability to operate within unpredictable work schedules.
- Support and Maintain Engineering Standards, Administrative Policies, Procedures and ISO Quality/Environmental Processes
- Travel as Needed.
- 3D design experience with major CAD platforms – AutoCAD Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Physics and Fluid Dynamics
- Excellent knowledge of Process Control Analysis (Cp/Cpk)
- Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and procedure.
- Knowledge of industrial mechanical design and safety standards (NFPA, UL, OSHA).
- Excellent IT skills in ERP system, word processing, spreadsheets and engineering packages, MS Project
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science Degree- Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with automated process equipment.
- Exposure to Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable.
- FEA experience desired.
- CFD experience desired.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.