Mechanical Assembler at Production Control Units, Inc.
Job TypeTemp to Full-time
Posting DateSeptember 8, 2017
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to understand and work from general instructions and specifications, and to follow blue prints and sketches.
- Skill in the use of tools, materials, and equipment used in the plumbing trade.
- Plumbing experience in but not limited to flowing items.
- Pneumatic tubing
- Hydraulic tubing (bending & flaring)
- Black pipe (threading and assembling leak tight)
- Silver soldering (preferable, not required)
- Some knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Accurately complete all documentation required.
- Provides input and support documenting print changes as needed.
- Work closely with engineering, technicians, and sales teams in coordination of information to assure schedules and budgets are met.
- Provide daily feedback to Supervisor regarding status of projects.
- Handle related equipment fluids including refrigerants and oils properly and safely in accordance with customer, company, industry and Federal standards.
- Perform assigned duties and conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with company required safety practices and procedures.
- Graduation from a standard vocational or high school
- 1-2 years’ previous experience as a journeyman plumber required or completion of a recognized apprenticeship; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.