Marketing Writer at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJuly 1, 2016
Location of Position
The Marketing Writer is responsible for crafting brand-building copy for a variety of media, including print ads, web, social, email.
Duties and Responsibilities
This person seeks to understand Ohio State’s audiences and write content designed to motivate them to action. The writer is a team player who works with partners on the creative and development teams to craft best web experiences; works with email, social and research/analytics partners to understand audiences, learn from A/B testing projects, and learn how audiences are interacting with our content; and works with multimedia for photography and video content partnerships. The writer stays abreast of marketing writing trends and best practices and thrives on being a part of a continuous learning environment that consistently reaches for new bounds and seeks fresh insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Expertise in editorial standards with strong understanding of style and formatting practices
- 3 years of professional marketing writing experience.
- A proven track record of writing for the Web, email and social media.
- Strong editing and organizational skills.
- Professional experience writing in a university setting.
- 5 years of professional marketing writing experience.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.