Marketing Insights Analyst at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJuly 1, 2016
Location of Position
The Marketing Insights Analyst is responsible for internally and externally reporting on- and offline marketing performance metrics leveraged for the development of business and audience behavioral insights across The University.
Please visit http://advancement.osu.edu/ to learn more about the Ohio State University Office of Advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is responsible for developing standardized and ad-hoc reports and data mining that help generate meaningful marketing and business performance improvement. The Analyst will manage workflow and processes to generate measurement plans, tagging documents, and provide reporting and analyzing key performance indicators across on- and offline marketing properties by: Analyzing clickstream data and segment site visitors to uncover trends in visitor behavior; providing marketing and usability recommendations based on data analysis; assisting in the execution of a reporting program for marketing campaign attribution and the impact of site marketing initiatives on customer behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing setting
- 4 years of experience in web analytics, or digital marketing
- 2+ years of analyzing performance of interactive marketing activities (including websites, email campaigns and event marketing and developing reporting to reflect analysis and insights initiatives
- Working knowledge of Adobe Site Catalyst (or comparable web analytics tool) with tagging, reporting and administration
- Demonstrated experience with data warehouse mining/reporting and data manipulation tools
- Demonstrated ability to track audiences through the marketing funnel / consumer journey
- Demonstrated ability to combine disparate sources of information and create compelling narratives that inform and improve decision-making
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to synthesize large amounts of information and logically structure PowerPoint deliverables
- Excellent project management/cross-functional coordination
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.