Laboratory Technician at Miami University
Posting DateJune 26, 2019
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering: Laboratory Technician to be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and planning of the Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering department laboratory space as well as some Chemical Paper and Biomedical Engineering teaching laboratories.
- Monitor lab use for machine shop, welding, computer numerical control, robotics, material testing and plastic processing and additive manufacturing equipment
- Assist students in class projects and labs for Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering and Chemical, Paper & Biomedical Engineering
- Manage inventory of all consumables for lab equipment and project use ($50,000 year)
- Maintain & repair lab equipment
- Design and fabricate new lab equipment including working with faculty with research equipment & facility needs
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Technology and at least five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and familiarity with machining, welding, computer numerical control, robotics, material testing, injection molding, vacuum forming, computer aided design & manufacturing, engineering controls, & general maintenance skills
- Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship
Submit a cover letter and resume
to the “Apply Here” button link above.
Direct inquiries to Amit Shukla at email@example.com. Review of applications begins on July 9, 2019 and continues until position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.