Ivy Tech Community College | Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs – Richmond, IN
Posting DateOctober 8, 2019
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is the chief academic officer for the campus and is responsible directly to the Campus Chancellor with indirect reporting to the Sr. Vice President/Provost and Sr. Vice President Workforce Alignment for the development, administration, supervision, and evaluation of the campus academic programs. The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will provide leadership and supervision for all campus academic schools, and other areas which may include the learning resource center, instructional technology, library services, and serve as chief advisor to the Chancellor in the formation of policies affecting all academic programs. As the chief academic officer for the campus, this position has direct responsibility for the development, coordination, staffing, evaluation, continuous quality improvement, and workforce alignment of academic programs, as well as research, academic/campus planning, and budgeting within the context of the College's mission and purposes. The position is responsible for the overall student academic experience at the campus.
The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will be a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet with the purpose of providing leadership that aligns with the College’s core values and implements strategies in order to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body on campus. This position promotes diversity, integrity, community engagement, innovation, and excellence; is accountable to perform statewide responsibilities to maintain consistent statewide curricula, policies, and practices. This position will work closely with appropriate Systems Office leadership to establish strategies coordinated with statewide efforts in key areas of focus (recruitment, enrollment, completion, retention, and student success).
- A doctorate degree from an accredited College or University required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in higher education at accredited institutions and a combination of teaching and administrative experience is required.
- Must be adept at resolving individual and group conflicts and must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to identify key issues and to carry forward an idea or project from conception to execution.
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly.
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the higher education, charitable, government, and business sectors.
- Ability to partner well with colleagues both in and outside of the organization.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Prefer experience with grant writing, budget management, accreditation process, program review, and community college experience is desired.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.