Ivy Tech Community College | New Skills Ready Network Grant Coach – Indianapolis, IN
Posting DateFebruary 23, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary goal of the New Skills Ready Network Grant Coach (Coach) is to establish relationships with high school students in order to encourage and assist students toward enrollment in college and persistence toward degree completion. The Coach will plan and implement outreach services to students within Indianapolis Public Schools specifically students who are part of a program pathway identified in the newly awarded JP Morgan Chase New Skills Ready Network grant. The Coach will provide college and career support to high school students who are interested in entering the workforce or seeking a four-year degree upon completion of a Technical Certificate or Associate Degree.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-4 years related experience in advising, career counseling, recruiting, or other student services position.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to initiate and balance multiple work projects. Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to work within and travel to multiple Indianapolis Public School High School campuses.
- Experience in a K-12 or post-secondary college position.
- Training or teaching experience specifically with young adults.
- Experience managing multiple projects; detail-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills including working successfully with diverse populations, including but not limited to college and school personnel, teachers, and prospective students; experience with high school-to-college transition
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, or status as a veteran.