Ivy Tech Community College | Director of Academic Advising – Valparaiso, IN
Posting DateMarch 3, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide leadership and direction to Valparaiso campus academic advising efforts, including oversight of campus advising centers. Advising centers provide direction to students in the areas of academic and career advising and transfer services. Provide support to the Vice Chancellor of Student Success in development, maintenance, and interpretation of reports relevant to the use and success of advising services. Work collaboratively with Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, Distance Learning, Diversity Affairs, Workforce Alignment, the high school dual enrollment program, and academic school deans and program chairs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in an academic advising center and three (3) years of supervisory experience are required
- Broad knowledge of enrollment management processes and the ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with both internal and external constituents
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make decisions. Interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle major projects simultaneously are required
- Computer literacy and orientation toward creative uses of technology in the delivery of services for students is required
- Must possess willingness and an ability to travel
- Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees
- Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives
- Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome
- Masters degree in counseling, student personnel, adult or higher education, or other related discipline
- Experience in a community college
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.