Ivy Tech Community College | Maintenance Custodian II – Indianapolis, IN
Posting DateApril 9, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain the visual appearance of the College grounds and to ensure the facilities are kept clean and presentable.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
- Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
- Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
- Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
- Responsible in Administrative Services for set ups and break downs of conference rooms, class rooms, and auditorium.
- Perform cleanup of outside areas daily.
- Provide back up in various areas of the department when needed.
- Responsible for the loading and unloading of trucks as necessary.
- Pick-ups and deliveries to various campus sites and vendors.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Individual must have valid drivers license and be insurable by the College insurance carrier
- Significant physical effort is needed
- Required to work on ladders, work over your head, heavy lifting (over 50 lbs rep
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.