Ivy Tech Community College | Information Security Engineer
Posting DateMay 23, 2017
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Security Engineer will research, test, implement, monitor and maintain information security measures to protect the College’s computer systems, networks and information. Stay current on the IT threat landscape. Be responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the College’s IT infrastructure.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a computer science field or equivalent.
- Five, or more, years of work experience in IT security.
- Experience securing network systems, desktops, servers, and virtual environments.
- Thorough understanding of security best practices and standards of compliance.
- Understanding of networking, operating systems, IDS/IPS, malware, DLP, scanning/security testing tools, firewalls, databases, web filtering.
- Hands on experience administering firewalls, IDS/IPS, URL content filtering, etc.
- Familiarity with web authentication technologies such as OAuth, ADFS, CAS and SAML.
- Experience with enterprise security monitoring and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic programming and script writing knowledge.
- SANS/GIAC/CISCO Certifications
- Forensic: EnCE, CCE, ACE, GCFA
- Security: CEH, Security+, CISSP, MCSA, RHCE
- Experience securing Cloud Storage Solutions, such as Amazon AWS and Google web services.
- Incident handling and reporting experience.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.