Ivy Tech Community College | Faculty – Health Care Support/CNA Program Director – Indianapolis, IN
Posting DateDecember 15, 2020
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide supervision of students in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical externship environments as related to instruction within the Health Care Support Program Sciences. Functions include assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising/counseling; enhance program enrollment; provide college and community service.
- Earned baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
- Is a Registered Nurse holding an unencumbered license in the state of Indiana, and
- Has a minimum of two years licensed nursing experience, of which at least one year must be in the provision of long-term care services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction
- Registered Nurse with Master’s degree
- Successful completion of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Nurse and Program Director and Instruction Training program for Certified Nursing Assisting (CNA) AND
- Successful completion of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) Instructional Training
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience with 2 years of long-term care experience as an RN
- Approval by the ISDH Division of Long-Term Care Training Section as a CNA program director
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, or status as a veteran.