Ivy Tech Community College | Faculty – Building Construction Management, Program Chair – Indianapolis, IN
Posting DateFebruary 1, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide instruction both lecture and labs within specific programs; assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising/counseling; enhance program enrollment; provide college and community service.
- A qualified faculty member meets the education component of the Building Construction Management program standard through one of three routes:
- Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in technology, engineering technology, engineering, or
- Possesses an earned associate degree in Building Construction Management or Buidlign Construction Technology, with a baccalaureate or higher degree in management/organizational leadership & supervision, business, or education; or
- Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with an advanced-level, national certification appropriate to the program/discipline being taught;
- Professional certification in the field; or
- A qualified faculty member for Building Construction Management, meets the course standard through one of four routes:
- Meets the Building Construction Management program standard; or
- Possesses a Department of Labor, Bureau for Apprenticeship Training recognized journeyman’s card in the discipline, and in journeyman status for two years or more; or
- Possesses an earned associate degree with academic preparation appropriate to the course, with 5 years directly related work experience and professional certification in the field; or
- Possesses a current Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education in Trade and Industrial Education: Building Construction Management.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction.
- Two years of directly related work experience
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.