Ivy Tech Community College | Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations, Indianapolis, IN
Posting DateAugust 5, 2019
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a statewide multi-channel annual giving solicitation strategy and alumni engagement plan, in addition to creating and managing the Foundation’s social media and electronic communication platforms. The position will provide new strategies to continually expand and ultimately lead to a culture of engagement and participation across the state for donors and alumni. The position will work closely with campus partners to build significant pathways for donor and alumni participation, as well as collaborate and work in conjunction with campus development.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two (2) or more years of professional work experience in one or more of the following areas: annual giving, social media, alumni/donor relations, customer service/relationship management, development or comparable experience.
- Ability to build and steward campus and statewide relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership, board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Goal oriented and self-starter who is able to work effectively without much supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and financial transactions.
- Willingness and ability to travel in and out of state with some evening and weekend work.
- Work professionally in independent and team environment to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees where every individual feels respected and valued.
- A general knowledge of institutional fundraising in higher education or with a not-for-profit organization.
- Skill in a range of technology platforms.
- Strong analytical and database skills and experience with Raiser's Edge or equivalent CRM.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.