Ivy Tech Community College | Director of Alumni and Donor Relations
Posting DateJune 26, 2017
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing and implementing alumni relations, stewardship and recognition programs, and create and manage the Foundation’s social media and electronic communication platforms.
The position will provide new strategies to continually expand and ultimately lead to a culture of engagement and participation across the state for Ivy Tech alumni and donors.
The position will work closely with campus partners such as career services, student life, admissions and academic departments to build significant pathways for alumni and donor participation, as well as collaborate and work in conjunction with regional development and alumni staff.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of alumni relations, development or comparable experience
- Ability to build and steward regional and statewide relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate, and lead volunteers
- Goal oriented and self-starter who is able to work effectively without much supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and financial transactions
- Willingness and ability to travel with some evening and weekend work
- Work professionally in independent and team environment to accomplish objectives
- General knowledge of institutional fundraising
- Skill in a range of technology platforms
- Strong analytical and database skills and experience with Raiser's Edge or equivalent CRM
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.