Ivy Tech Community College | Director Grant Operations (Sponsored Programs)
Posting DateOctober 31, 2017
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Ivy Tech Grants Office, lead grant operation functions in support of the statewide systems office, schools, and campuses. Implement the strategic vision of Foundation/College leadership. Manage pre-award components of the office and assist in providing oversight of grants awarded to the Office of the President/College. Work as a liaison with human resources, IT, sponsored programs accounting, and all Ivy Tech campuses to facilitate proposal development and submission.
- Master's degree in related field with 4-6 years related work experience.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must exhibit professional demeanor; initiative; good judgment; be able to work well under pressure and independently; detail oriented; positively anticipate and react to frequently changing priorities; unparalleled customer service; engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported; frequent contact with outside customers (sponsors, agencies, etc.) and PI/PDs requiring tact and diplomacy.
- Must have a willingness and ability to occasionally travel on College business.
- Ability to take direction and follow through in a timely manner.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive data, and display a mature and positive attitude
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.