Ivy Tech Community College | Business Engagement Manager (BEM)
Posting DateMay 23, 2017
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Engagement Manager (BEM) is responsible for maintaining a value based partnership and highly productive results between the OIT’s Application Development & ERP team and internal clients/functional users.
The BEM will oversee a portfolio of projects, products, and services. The successful candidate will possess IT management experience spanning projects, applications and staff, along with the ability to enhance IT performance and maturity, specifically in the areas of analysis and delivery.
The BEM is responsible for capturing business needs along with overseeing delivery of IT projects to ensure internal client satisfaction. This position will work with a diverse group of technology teams, business units and vendors as part of the Application Development and ERP team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience.
- Five (5) years of IT Project Management and Business Analysis experience.
- At least 2 years of direct management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management, Requirements Gathering, and Testing/QA methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and meet and track deadlines continuously under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, both as part of the leadership group and as a leader of a department in an evolving technical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Industry related certification(s) preferred.
- Experience in agile/iterative software development project management in various roles such as Scrum Master and Product Owner:
- Assist in the facilitation of scrum/stand-ups, resolving impediments to the team’s progress, maintain/defend defined scope for any given iteration, and coordinate retrospectives (project closeouts).
- Maintain/defend defined scope for any given iteration, and coordinate retrospectives (project closeouts).
- Assist in building and managing the project/product backlog based on stakeholder priority ensuring appropriate feature set delivery.
- Coordinate stakeholder acceptance and sign-off on delivered feature sets/iteration functionality.
- Exposure to sprint &/or Kanban style feature set tracking and ability to discern which approach is best for a given project.
- Experience coordinating the work of multi-functional project teams consisting of business analysts, user experience designers, software developers, and testers.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and innovation in the project delivery process.
- Exposure to design thinking, laddering, and other client interviewing methodologies.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.