Ivy Tech Community College | Billing and Coding Specialist Adjunct – Lawrenceburg, IN
Posting DateDecember 20, 2019
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
PROGRAM OPERATION: Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes. Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements. Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook. Submits requested information within established timelines. STUDENTS: Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance. Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues. INSTRUCTION: Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s). Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate. In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair. Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
Must have a strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction, faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM 7.1 as applicable to the specific area of instruction.
A qualified faculty member in medical assisting meets both of the following criteria:
- Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
- Has two of the following:
- Professional certification in the field;
- Two years of directly related work experience.
- Completed academic preparation appropriate to the program and/or discipline being taught.
Or through all three of the following criteria:
- Possesses an earned associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
- Has a minimum of one year of related work experience, and
- Holds a professional certification in at least one of the following:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA (AAMA)), or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), or
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS).
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.