Ivy Tech Community College | Adjunct Faculty – Sociology – Lawrenceburg , IN
Posting DateApril 27, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
- Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements
- Maintain and submit student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook within established timelines
- Answer questions/assist students outside of scheduled class time
- Address student concerns consulting with program coordinator to resolve issues, as necessary
- Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate.
- Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views
Master’s or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in Sociology, or in any field with at least 18 graduate semester hours in history
Ivy Tech Community College is an accredited, equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or veteran status. As required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Ivy Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions.