Ivy Tech Community College | Accounts Receivable Specialist – Indianapolis , IN
Posting DateNovember 29, 2021
Location of Position
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Accounts Receivable Accountant, this position assists the Finance division with compliance for all Federal and State Financial Aid programs. Serve as back up to other Accounts Receivable Specialist for various processes to ensure federal compliance. Assist in year-end close accounting process. Position requires contact with Campus Business and Financial Aid offices as well as some students.
- Associate's degree in accounting, business or finance is required. Consideration will be given to those pursuing a bachelor’s degree in lieu of an Associate's degree.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience is required.
- Position requires experience using the following software applications; Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented, able to perform several tasks (projects) simultaneously, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Timely and accurate reporting is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills necessary.
Ivy Tech Community College is an accredited, equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or veteran status. As required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Ivy Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions.